Ratcliffe College is first and foremost a vibrant, purposeful and happy community, a leading co-educational boarding and day school for children aged 3 – 18, with boarding available from age 9 to 18. The school is set within 200 acres of beautiful grounds seven miles north of Leicester, in the Midlands and within easy reach of airports and motorways. Whilst we are a Catholic school, children of other denominations, faiths and none are welcome.
Ratcliffe College’s aim is to achieve excellence through happiness, and to create a learning community in which young people may grow to become confident, competent, articulate members of society. We firmly believe that a good school is about much more than academic success alone.
– Ratcliffe College is a Catholic School for boys and girls aged 3-18, taking boarders from the age of 9.
– We are currently 823 students of which about 100 are boarders. About 50% of boarders are from overseas.
– We are a Catholic school yet with a universal welcome to everyone, regardless of creed. Our exceptional pastoral care brings out the best in everyone and provides a real sense of community. Our overseas boarders have the same opportunities as all our students, for example, holding Prefect and Head Boy/Girl positions.
– Examination results are excellent:
At ‘A’ Level in 2016– 72% grades A*-B, 42% grades A* or A.
83% students went to first choice of university, most of which are Russell Group.
3 students gained Oxbridge places, 1 went to US Ivy League university.
– We offer a wealth of Extra-Curricular activities, including our “Big Six” – Duke of Edinburgh Award, CCF, Music, Drama, Sport and Chaplaincy/Charitable activities.
– Our fees include EAL lessons where necessary and all weekend trips throughout the year.
– Our Prep sessions, after school, are fully supervised by staff.
– In Sixth Form, there is opportunity for three students at a time, to spend some time in our Sixth Form flat, learning to live independently, doing their own laundry and cooking etc., to help prepare them for university life.
– We don’t have specific, compulsory Exeat weekends, but offer a full programme of trips and activities for boarders every weekend throughout the term.
– In our Inspection last year, we were awarded the top accolade of “Excellent” in all 9 categories.